Welcome to The Federation of European Societies of Plant Biology
The Federation of European Societies of Plant Biology was founded in 1978 and today it is Europe’s largest and most widely representative society of Plant Scientists. The aims of FESPB are to advance research, education, and the exchange of information amongst plant biologists within Europe and beyond, and to support the publication of the results of research through its affiliated international journals: Journal of Experimental Botany, Journal of Plant Physiology, Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, Physiologia Plantarum, and Plant Biology.
Contribute to the strengthening of the family of Plant Biologists in Europe and become a member of FESPB
Affiliated Scientific Societies
- Austrian Society of Plant Biology
- Azərbaycan Milli Elmlər Akademiyası
- Belarus Society of Plant Biology
- Bulgarian Scientific Union
- Croatian Society of Plant Biologists
- České Společnosti Experimentální Biologie Rostlin
- Deutsche Botanische Gesellschaft
- Hellenic Botanical Society
- Hungarian Society of Plant Biology
- Irish Plant Scientists' Association
- Società Italiana di Biologia Vegetale
- Latvian Society of Plant Biology
- Lithuanian Society of Sciences
- Polskie Towarzystwa Biologii Eksperymentalnej Roślin
- Sociedade Portuguesa de Fisiologia Vegetal
- Romanian Society of Plant Biology
- Russian Society of Plant Biology
- Serbian Plant Physiology Society
- Slovakian Society of Plant Biology
- Slovensko društvo za biologijo rastlin
- Societas Physiologiae Plantarum Scandinavica
- Society for Experimental Biology
- Sociedad Española de Fisiologia Vegetal
- Turkish Society of Plant Biology
- Ukranian Society of Plant Biology
What are the benefits?
FESPB aims to support plant biology research and education in Europe by building and supporting a community of researchers and societies. We produce a Newsletter carrying information about FESPB and the activities of its members and societies, as well as job opportunities and studentships and announcements of forthcoming conferences, meetings and workshops arranged by other organisations. FESPB is part of the Global Plant Council, bringing the benefits of membership to the world.
What do we support?
Every two years, FESPB organises a large international Plant Biology Congress, located in a different European country. The next joint FESPB-EPSO Congress, will be held in Copenhagen, Denmark, from June 18th-21st, 2018. FESPB supports students and early career researchers to bring their work to the widest possible audience at Congress with support grants and our most prestigious award - the FESPB Young Plant Scientist.